catching Fire by Suzanne Colins | Teen Ink

catching Fire by Suzanne Colins

By Matt c BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Matt c BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

In Catching Fire the main character Katniss is put into the Hunger Games again and has to survive with other districts trying to kill her. The book is by Suzanne Collins, it is the second book in the Hunger Games series. What I like about the book is that the book never gets too boring. When it does start to get boring, there’s always something exciting that happens. An example in the book in which this happens is when Katniss, Peeta, Mags, Finnick are starting to sleep and the book is settling down, all the sudden a killer fog comes.
Some bad things about this book are that there are some cliff hangers. This could be good or bad to some people depending on whom you are. To me I like to know what is going to happen right then and there. In this book there might be a cliff hanger like at the end of a chapter that isn’t answered till maybe 2 chapters after that.
This book is just filled with action and killing too. When someone in the book is getting killed, the author describes it very vividly. This book compared to most books is much better. This is one of the best books I have ever read.