Falling | Teen Ink

Falling

When I found this book in the public library,under 'Wil' for Wilhelm, I was immediatly intrigued. On the cover is a picture of a spoon holding a heart, the spoon being held over a flame. The cover was different, and so was the book. Falling is one of the most realistic books I've read in a long time. The main characters, Matt and Katie, are so relatable that I found myself substituting their names for the ones of people I know. Matt is a lost soul, harbouring secrets to protect his family. And his senseless wandering walks while listening to Jai Quest is the only way he can get a feeling of reason. Katie is just trying to figure out her life, trying to make it her own. When they meet, the instant connection is undeniable and Katie soon joins Matt on his long walks. The meaning of simple things like music and rocks is totally real and you may find yourself saying 'I know how you feel, man'. The feelings are completely raw, and although this is a love story it is hardly sappy or girly. The end is especially zealous as all of the pressure you feel for Matt and Katie breaks like a dam. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes intense plots and emotion that puts you on edge, because with Falling that's just what you get.

i lovveeddd thiss book i