The Scorch Trials by James Dashner | Teen Ink

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

November 8, 2011
By msages BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
msages BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner will have fans of Suzanne Collins’ The Hunger Games grabbing for this book. This tremendous sequel to The Maze Runner is and action filled novel that would be great for just about anyone. People who have a hard time finding a good book, I strongly recommend this series, as well as for people who read all the time.

With a simply irresistible plot, this story is hard to put down. Thomas is about sixteen years old when he wakes us in a metal box being delivered somehow to the Glade, a “safe haven” in the middle of a gigantic maze, with his memory wiped. As he works his way through the Maze Trials, he is rewarded with another adventure. Here, we follow Thomas and his friends through his mission across the Scorch. The earth has been ravaged by sun-flares, but the Scorch has been destroyed the most. When they wake up after the Maze Trials, a mysterious man in a white suit tells them they have all been infected with the Flare, an incurable disease also caused by the sun-flares, and if they don’t travel 100 miles across the Scorch in two weeks to another “safe haven,” they will not receive the cure. In 100-degree weather, Thomas knows they need to reach the end in time or the Flare with destroy their brains and strip them of all human instincts.

This science fiction novel wrapped in action, betrayal, a face paced plot line, and a touch of romance is easily one of the best books I’ve read.