Bossypants by Tina Fey | Teen Ink

Bossypants by Tina Fey

By hayden_rme BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado
hayden_rme BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

Some people say that you should turn your head from the light of the moon. they say it will make you mad. i turn my head towards it and laugh.

She's a Boss!
Tina Fey is one of the funniest people I have known, ever since I heard of Bossypants I knew I had to read it. This book has a certain sense of humor that can be funny for someone my age of someone my Dad’s. Bossypants is a story of Tina Fey’s life (at least the stuff you want to hear) and it is a very well written comedy for anyone looking for a laugh.

I had watched Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live for many years so i already had a feel for her comedy, I thought I knew everything funny she could do, until i read this book. she tells you her life story, everything you'd need to know, her first job, her husbands greatest fear, her thoughts on politics, and her daughter. Tina can turn everyday occurrences into extremely truthful, sarcastic, ironic, and hilarious stories to tell.
if i could recommend this book to anyone it would probably be to someone above the age of 18 (maybe older)because while i was laughing most of the time there were some jokes that were....before my time. most of the jokes were probably about dead movie stars i would have never head of. even though this book is fun for all ages to get the full “Tina Fey” experience i would say 18+. if you are a picky reader i would advise you to set the book down right away, this book has no juicy language or fancy sentence structure, this book is written the way i think an autobiography should be written, they way you want it to be.
this is one quote to remember if you get nothing else from the book. “who said women aren't funny? a lot of people apparently most of them men.” Bossypants shows how Tina went from a little Greek girl in Pennsylvania to an extremely successful woman working in 30 Rockefeller Plaza. if you ever decide to read this book you will have to be in the right mind set, in a mood to laugh non-stop. bossypants is one book that you will not want to stop reading even when its two in the morning.

my english teach mr.leyba assigned this.