Alice in Time by Penelope Bush | Teen Ink

Alice in Time by Penelope Bush

stringing.words.together SILVER, Mumbai, Other

A picture paints a thousand words. -Anonymous

The first time I got to know about this book was when I spotted the synopsis in a short story collection. From then on, I got excited about reading Alice in Time and ordered it right away on my Kindle. And from then on, I couldn't stop.

Alice is fourteen, and very much self-obsessed from he moment you start reading the book. Her character is well-crafted and the time-travel plot could give J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban a challenge.

Imogen is Alice's best friend, but Alice wishes she wasn't. Life is like a warpath as Alice's Dad is getting remarried and younger brother is 'ruining' her life. Sasha, the most popular girl in the school, hates her and her guts. Alice's mother isn't talking to her, and all she wants is change.

Then comes the plot of the story. Alice runs away after a fight and starts spinning the roundabout. Suddenly, she finds herself in the a body of a seven year old, her seven year old self. There are things that she could change, she's here to change them.

I found it a hundred percent page turner and a totally fabulous book. This plot idea has rarely been done before, and I am pretty sure almost all my fellow teenage girls will like it. Penelope Bush has done a great job.