Befroe I fall | Teen Ink

Befroe I fall

By nazyB123 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
nazyB123 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Before I Fall

by Lauren Oliver, HarperCollins Publisher, 2010, 470 pp., $17.99

ISBN-13: 9780061726804

Live everyday like it’s your last. Because in reality it just might be. That’s what Sam Covington has learned after dying and reliving the exact same day over and over again. Sam has it all. Perfect boyfriend, great relationship with her parents, most popular group of friends, what more could she ask for? Well on her way back from yet another fabulous high school party, she gets in a horrid car accident. Is she dead? No doubt. But when she wakes up ALIVE, she finds herself living the last day all over again. She’s been given a second chance. But sometimes a second chance isn’t enough.
There has to be a reason why time keeps going back to that very day. Maybe there’ something unspecific Sam has to do, but what could it be? Sam just needs to get past that day. To somehow go on with her life. But how will that ever be possible if without any warning time goes back? But somehow she has to/will make it through. By remembering about her past she can make it to her future.
If you like books with meaning then this is the right book for you. It’s a book that can really make you appreciate life and everyone in it. Ever wondered what the meaning of life is? Well this book doesn’t give the answer but its pretty close. So go get this book and learn something from it. So do yourself a favor and go get Before I Fall by: Lauren Oliver.