Enders Game by Orson Scott Card

If you weren’t understood, accepted, or loved, would you run off to Battle School? That’s the choice that seven-year-old Andrew ‘Ender’ Wiggin has to make in Orson Scott Card’s science fiction novel, Ender’s Game. In the future, Earth has survived two devastating attacks from an insectoid alien race called Formics, or Buggers. In preparation for a third attack, the military built the Battle School in orbit around Earth, where they send young children with military promise. Ender is the third child in his family, making him the object of ridicule in school, where his genius mind surpasses everyone else. He’s abused by his sadistic brother, pushed away by his gentle but distant parents, and it seems the only one who loves him is his sister Valentine. Ender loves Valentine more than anyone else in the world. But when a sergeant comes knocking and asks him to come to battle school, he decides to leave her behind. But as Ender is excelling at Battle training, he becomes a completely different person than the sweet and lonely child he once was.

This book was amazing. It took me through Ender’s mental journey. It showed me how taking a child and forcing him to lead boys older than him changes him into a leader. He is firm with his men, and they respect and willingly give their loyalty to him. But when he shows his soft side, you realize he really is just a scared kid. This book is great for anyone who loves a good war story, or is interested on how the mind works, and how much a person can change.

ApolloSilver said...
The Ender series was by far the second most mind blowing series ever!