Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien | Teen Ink

Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

November 4, 2011
By Chreistopher E BRONZE, Chaprl Hilll, North Carolina
Chreistopher E BRONZE, Chaprl Hilll, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Ever heard of the movie Lord of the Rings? If you have you must read the book. If not still read the book!! The book Lord of the Rings, starts out with Frodo Baggins, a Hobbit of the Shire. He is thrown unwilling into a quest of war, danger, and magic when he receives the one ruling ring. It’s a magical ring that was created in the land of Mordor by Saron. Frodo and a band of hobbits must get to Rivendell before the nine riders catch them. On the way the take on a ranger by the name of Aragorn. They are chased by the riders and Frodo is stabbed by one of the nine. They make haste to Rivendell before Frodo is turned into one of the nine. They meet an elf woman that takes Frodo because she is fast. Frodo is healed and is asked to join a meeting of who should take the ring to Mordor to be destroyed. Frodo takes it because there is a great arguing among the people who have come to the council. Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimlie are happy to help Frodo with his task. The hobbits that had come all the way from the shire with him want to go as well. This is how the Fellowship of the ring is made and the great quest is started.

The classic tale of Lord of the Rings is a book that I didn’t want to put down. There are many twists and cliff hangers in this thrilling tale. It was a very enjoyable read for those that are advance in vocabulary. The layout of the book was told from many points of view of the characters. It started out slow but it got faster after the first chapters.