Leviathan by Scott Westerfield | Teen Ink

Leviathan by Scott Westerfield

By DeathPotato BRONZE, Chapil Hill, North Carolina
DeathPotato BRONZE, Chapil Hill, North Carolina

I like my bacon like I like my enemies...
Burnt and sizzling for mercy

What would you do if all you had was taken?

In the Leviathan, the story is set around two teenagers. One of them is a Prince of Austria and the other is a girl trying to join an all male army. One of the things I like about it is that the setting is always abnormally changing. From the Icy land scape's in Austria to the inside of a giant flying whale. But the goal is always the same thing: Survive. These two always work towards the goal of it in away they can. From traveling long distances for safety to getting food to eat. They’re almost through to the wolves in every situation, and though into strange uncanny places too.

The plots takes place around Pre- and During World war 1. The differences are that the Russians, French, and England use fabricated animals as weapons. For example they use a Giant Flying Whale ship as aircraft. While Germany is using things steam punk like things, like air balloons, and air planes. The plot is nearly the same as world war I with the war being started by an arch-duke getting killed, in this historical fiction master piece.

zorfrak said...
Leviathon is a great book with many amazing illustrations.  I like your review as well.