The Summer i Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

The Summer I Turned Pretty
By Jenny Han, Simon and Schuster 2009, 276 pp, $12.14
I.S.B.N: 9781416968290

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han is a romantic, realistic fiction, and humorous novel which always makes you want to keep reading over and over. It tells what almost every teenager goes through and about summer romances that every girl wishes to happen. This is just one of millions of stories.
Belly is a 15 year old who has always gone to the beach at Cousins, every summer since she was born. She always goes to Cousins to visit her mom’s best friend, Susannah, and her two boys, Conrad and Jeremiah. Conrad and Jeremiah aren’t related to Belly they they’re so close they feel like siblings. The twist in the story is that Belly has always secretly loved Conrad more than just friends. Also, Susannah has cancer and her husband, Mr. Fischer, had left her either ways. In this book Belly tells some of her past stories and memories she’s had at Cousins before, and her moments with Conrad. Also, she starts to wonder if Conrad feels the same way and if Jeremiah surprisingly likes her too.

I recommend this book to any teenage girl who liked realistic fiction, romance, and a little bit of drama. I enjoyed this book because sometimes I would be surprised on what would happen and I would be really curious about the outcome. Also, in this book the characters change and grow up to be adults throughout the series. It’s like reading somebody’s life and learning life lessons along the way.

TheWhiteFlower said...
thank you so much 4 the review i will consider reading it :)

Nayeli456 replied...
You're welcome :) also if you decide to read the book, I hope you enjoy it!