Under a War-Torn Sky by L.M Elliott

Have you ever been lost with nowhere to go? Well, thats the same problem with Hank. The main character in L.M Elliott’s book Under a War-Torn Sky.

Hank is a fighter pilot for America during WWII. One day during one of Hank’s missions he gets shot down. Hank lands in German territory, all alone with no where to go. He finds a small village and meets resistance workers. Resistance worker are a group of people who help mainly pilot get back home. The rest of the book follows Hank running and hiding from Nazi’s, trying to get back home.

I didn’t enjoy historical fiction until I read this book. I like it because it has a lot of action and suspense throughout. L.M. Elliot’s use of flashbacks really made this book more enjoyable to read. I could connect to the characters and see why they felt that way. I couldn’t stop reading this book! Not knowing if Hank will get home was killing me! So this book is a page turner. If you’re looking for a pretty fast, good historical fiction book? Well here is the book for you.