The Battle of the Labyrinth | Teen Ink

The Battle of the Labyrinth

November 3, 2011
By RyanK BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
RyanK BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Rick Riordan has written some great books including Heroes of Olympus, the Kane Chronicles, and the Maze of bones in the 39 Clues series. Perhaps one of his best is the Battle of the Labyrinth in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.

15 year-old Percy Jackson is a half-blood, which means that he is half-god, half-human. His father is Poseidon, the sea god. He attends a camp called Camp Half Blood. Camp Half Blood is facing a threat, the evil lord Kronos. Kronos aided by another camper named Luke. Luke has found an entrance into camp by use of an ancient maze called the labyrinth. He and his friends Annabeth, Grover, and Tyson (his half-brother), must find a way to stop him from leading Kronos’s army through the labyrinth.

This is the 4th book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I liked this book because it starts out with some action, and it just builds on from there. From fighting monsters in Alcatraz to battling Kronos in the titan temple, the fight never stops to halt Luke from recruiting half bloods and monsters. This book keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout the whole thing. There are many questions that need to be answered, puzzles to be solved, and fights to be fought.



Through out the whole book the action never stops. There is always something going on. The suspense keeps you guessing till the last page. The battles are in such detail you feel like you are right behind Percy following each blow. This book is one of the greatest books I have ever read. The detail is unsurpassable. The story is so well told you feel like you are in it.