The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson | Teen Ink

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

By katharine.e BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
katharine.e BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

17-year-old Jenna has just awoken from a so-called coma, but that’s all the explanation she gets. Desperate for answers, Jenna starts to investigate her life before the accident, but she finds that the pieces don’t all fit together. This suspenseful, exciting science fiction novel will definitely keep you guessing!

The Adoration of Jenna Fox, by Mary E. Pearson, is perfect for middle school students. This book is written in Jenna’s perspective, with several pages in the form of a poem when she remembers important events from her childhood. This makes the important memories have tremendous impact on the reader and really stand out in the story. I believe all students who try this book will have a hard time putting it down. Each of Jenna’s small discoveries about her past change the reader’s prediction about the outcome of the story. For instance, at one part of the novel, I believed Jenna was part machine when she starts to think that she is programmed. But, Jenna accidentally cuts her hand and she sees something that makes my whole idea change. Also, the ending of the story could possibly be a true ending for a real person in the future. This makes the reader really think. You will fly through this book and it will intrigue you with its inventive ideas.

Claire.D. BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Great book review K!