Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver | Teen Ink

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

November 3, 2011
By kita100 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
kita100 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Before I Fall is a fascinating novel about a 16 year old girl named Liz, who keeps repeating the same day. This fantasy novel is about the different things that happen while she is repeating the same day. At the beginning of the book, Liz doesn’t know that she is repeating the same day. To her it just seems like any other school day. As the book continues, though, Liz notices that she is repeating the same day. After realizing this she starts to take action against the repeating of that day. While doing this she also realizes that she hadn’t been very nice to some people at her school and tries to make it up to those people and become a better person.

Personally, I really enjoyed reading this novel. It’s one of my favorite books and I would definitely recommend it to a friend. In the beginning, I didn’t like the book because of the main character. She seemed like a popular girl that only cared about herself. As I kept reading, though, the main character started to change and be nicer to the people around her. When she started to be nicer I started to really like the book and I didn’t hate the book nor the main character anymore. In Conclusion, Before I Fall is a well written novel, which shows the importance of always being nice to others and always respecting others.