Tangerine by Edward Bloor | Teen Ink

Tangerine by Edward Bloor

By John W. BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
John W. BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

This is definitely not your average sports novel. It has all the benefits of one but with an eye popping twist at the end. Who wouldn’t love that? The book Tangerine by Edward Bloor holds all the key elements to a great book that keeps you intrigued. Every one should read this book before they die.

A boy named Paul Fisher is forced to wear abnormally large glasses for a reason he isn’t sure of. His family moves to a new town in Florida which has some weird things going on in it. One strange area in the middle of a field gets hit by lightning almost every week and starts a fire. Later when he gets used to the school he becomes a great soccer goalie for the school. He surprisingly jumps into a hero type action one day at school he jumps into the situation of pulling kids out of a large quicksand hole taking kids and the whole classroom. This book is great because not only is the main body of the book great but the truth is revealed of a large mystery.

In my opinion, it does not matter if you are in middle school or a retirement home, you should still read this book. Every part was keeping me reading even in the middle where most books put you to sleep! I think this is hard for an author to do that, but Edward Bloor has no problem. If I were to rate this book out of ten, ten being the best I would give it a striking nine! Don’t forget to have a watchful eye for the great ending!