The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara | Teen Ink

The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara

By Blake4 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Blake4 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Robert E Lee commands the Confederate army at Gettysburg in the book The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara. This is a historical fiction book that takes place in the town of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. This is a very exciting book that you will never want to put down.

The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara is about the battle at Gettysburg in the civil war. This was one of the bloodies battles in civil war history. The main characters in this book are General Lee (the commander of the Confederate army), General Meade (the commander of the Union army), and Colonel Chamberlain. Lee makes many critical moves that will win or lose the war for him.

This novel has a ton of action in it and you will NEVER want to put it down. One of the main reasons that I love it is the way that the author sets it up. It is set up in 3 days and each chapter is about something else. This is the best civil war novel that I have ever read in my life, and I know that it will be the best one that I will ever read. I rated this novel a 1000 out of 10 because of the plot, the set up, and I just love the civil war!