All American Girl by Meg Cabot | Teen Ink

All American Girl by Meg Cabot

November 3, 2011
By Anonymous

Sam is an average 15-year-old girl who lives a pretty average life. But all of that changes the second she sees a gun pointed at the President of the USA and does the only thing she can think of: she jumps on the shooter.

The main character of All American Girl, Sam, is ignored and has only one close friend. Her big sister is the most popular girl in the school, and her little sister is a child genius. Sam remains the left-handed, red-haired, middle child, who dresses entirely in black and has a diet consisting only of hamburgers. So when she saves the President, she suddenly becomes the girl everyone wants to be like. As Sam deals with her new life, the reader is left wondering one thing: Will she survive it?

All American Girl by Meg Cabot is a wonderful book that will leave you laughing. I just wasn’t able to put it down! The author really establishes a link between the reader and the characters, no matter how different your situations are. As I read this book, I felt like Sam was a real teenage girl! This is a great realistic fiction novel for girls ages 12-15 who want to read about surviving school, friends, life, and yes, even crushes. I have two words for All American Girl: Simply awesome.