The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin | Teen Ink

The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin

By chunkymonkey77 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
chunkymonkey77 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

OMK!!

What would you do for 200 million dollars? If your answer is just about anything, then you should read The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. This awesome book is about the murder of Old Man Westing and how he was found dead in his mansion by a little girl on Halloween night. He was lying there dead with an envelope tucked in his cold skinny bones, just waiting for someone to come along and find him. This secretive envelope held a list of instructions left for a lawyer that was to give clues to the residents of Sunset Towers. These unsuspecting residents, ages ranging from 12 to 68, were paired together unknowingly and they are left with the clues to solve an almost impossible 200 million dollar mystery!

This book is great because it is full of action and adventure. Every other page it seems that a group of eager clue finders are out seeking new interesting clues. You also get to constantly get to see all of the characters points of view. I liked the way the author switched between the different characters because you can see more clearly what they were thinking. This is the kind of book that you will be so excited to read that you just can’t put down; you just have to keep turning the pages to keep on reading. Another great thing about this book is that all audiences, young and old, will enjoy it! Who doesn’t like an enticing murder mystery?

The Westing Game is suspenseful and it has a lot of great clues that just keep you guessing. It is jam packed with action and the whole story revolves around a 200 million dollar prize for the winner of the westing game. It involves a scary murder and a character that is definitely not who anyone thinks he is. It is an intense, blood curdling, suspenseful, action packed mystery. Look no further readers, this book has it all!