Positively by Courtney Sheinmel

If you ever have those days were you feel like the world isn’t on your side, then Positively is the book for you. The realistic fiction book Positively, by Courtney Sheinmel was a wonderful book. It made me feel like I was on a state fair ride. I did not know what was going to happen next. In the book Emmy Price must learn to live with her dad and pregnant stepmom, who she both dislikes. The story left me with tear filled eyes but I smiled with joy at the end.

This book makes me like I am looking into her diary. All the pages filled with heart touching sentences. The very first page started “When mama died I imagined god saying one down and one to go.” One thing I like is the way the main character Emmy Price changes from acting like she doesn’t have to respect anybody at the beginning and at the end she changes to a sweet and loving attitude. I also like how Courtney wrote his book from a real life experience. This book really hit me in so many places. It was so good I would read it a thousand times. This book was a heart pounding. I would rate this book five stars.