My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult | Teen Ink

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

By awiethpaweiotup BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
awiethpaweiotup BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

“I was born for a very specific reason. I was born because a scientist managed to hook up my mother’s eggs and my father’s sperm to create a specific combination of precious genetic material,” spoke Anna Fitzgerald.
No kid has enough guts to sue their parents. But Anna Fitzgerald does. Anna Fitzgerald, 13, has been donating organs, blood, and body parts to her older sister, Kate Fitzgerald, since she was born. Kate was diagnosed with Leukemia when she was 3, and is now 16. Anna recently found out that she was medically born with the same blood type as Kate since no one else in her family was a match. After Anna was asked to give Kate a kidney of hers, she was tired of repeatedly going to the hospital after Kate falls, gets a nose bleed, injured in some way, has a bruise, etc., and expecting that she’s going to have to donate another part of her body. So Anna decides to get a lawyer and sue her family. Will Anna go through with the law suit? What does her family think? Does Kate die? Read My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult to find out.
I highly recommend this suspenseful, page- turning, unpredictable, novel. Jodi Picoult is a phenomenal writer, and describes all of her scenes in vivid detail. In this book, Jodi Picoult writes in perspectives from 7 different characters which I personally enjoyed a lot. This is a well paced book and wonderfully written! You get an image put into your head within the first page. I read this book in a day and a half, unable to put the book down. This isn’t an action packed book, but it’s definitely very hooking! You never know what’s going to happen next. My Sister’s Keeper pulled me in right from the beginning. If you are a female in your early teenage years and are looking for an amazing realistic fiction book, than this is the one for you! This book took me momentarily out of my life and gave me something else on which to focus my grief.