The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

By Patrick P BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Patrick P BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

After writing finishing the Percy Jackson series, Rick Riordan comes back with the Heroes of Olympus series. He has written two books on the series, the first being The Lost Hero, and the second being The Son of Neptune. This series is about 8 months after the Last Olympian and some of the same characters. These books are even better than the Percy Jackson series.

It starts out by Percy Jackson being chased by Gordons, who are Medusas’ sisters. He keeps killing them but they keep coming back from the dead. Percy Jackson can’t remember anything from his past but this girl’s name and face, Annabeth, from the previous books. He has one goal and that is to get to a Roman camp for demigods. He knows he is the son of Neptune (Poseidon) and can control water. He makes it there and after staying a day, he has to embark on a quest to save the world from Gaea, the goddess of Earth.

Overall this book is a very good book I would recommend it to anyone who likes to read fantasies. This book is also educational because you learn a lot about Roman and Greek stories and myths that are really interesting. Rick Riordan has made these books even better than his previous books, while staying to the same kind of story. I really liked this book and it is another great addition to Heroes of Olympus Series.