Graceling by Kristin Cashore | Teen Ink

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

November 3, 2011
By CarlyL. BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
CarlyL. BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

What would you do if you had to choose between the easy thing and the right thing? That’s what Katsa has to decide. The book Graceling is written by Kristin Cashore, it’s a fantasy story about a girl named Katsa standing-up to her uncle and making her own decision. In this book some people are born with two different color eyes and that’s a sign that they are graced. If you are graced you have to go to your king and show him what your grace is, if they find it helpful then you stay with them, if they don’t then you get to go home. Katsa is graced with killing and has worked as her uncle’s personal thug her whole life. She is only now starting to question if there is another life for her.

I liked this book because there were a lot of hard things that Katsa had to do but she still got up every day and did them. Graceling is a fantasy story but by the end you start to believe that the impossible story could become true. The only confusing part is the seven kings and all they’re cities. For example Leak is the king of Montasie but he also has his own city and that’s how it is for all seven kings.

Graceling had a little bit of a mystery in it because as you read it you start to understand more and more about how Katsa’s world really works. I like this book because it was very well written and had lots of excitement for the reader to follow. If you are between the ages of ten and fifteen and you like fantasy stories I recommend you read this book because there is always an adventure that the characters have to take-on.