The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

By Malik H. BRONZE, Chapel Hill, NC, North Carolina
Malik H. BRONZE, Chapel Hill, NC, North Carolina

Do you think you can survive in a fighting areana with twelve other people trying to kill you? In the novel The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, The main character has to survive. Each year the districts are forced by the Capitol to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the Hunger Games. A brutal and terrifying fight to the death – televised for all of Panem to see.
Survival is second nature for sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who struggles to feed her mother and younger sister by secretly hunting and gathering beyond the fences of District 12. When Katniss steps in to take the place of her sister in the Hunger Games, she knows it may be her death sentence. If she is to survive, she must weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
I liked how in The Hunger Games the book starts right off with action like it says “that district twelve is the poorest that is harsh, I also liked in some parts it was gruesome it was some discusting things in there like when green pus came out of the bee sting katniss had. One thing I did not like was it was a lot of people that died I did not like that. But overall this was a great book I would give this 5 stars.