Just Another Hero by Sharon M. Draper | Teen Ink

Just Another Hero by Sharon M. Draper

By Masi123 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Masi123 BRONZE, Chapel Hill, North Carolina

The writer of Tears of a Tiger and Darkness Before Dawn, all really great books, Sharon M. Draper also writes the book Just Another Hero. A realistic story that takes place in Douglass High School about the individual lives of a group of students. During the past semester these students have had to deal with their personal problems at home that most people don’t know about, like crazy step-fathers or financial problems due to their irresponsible parents. At school, an unknown student has been pulling fire alarms to get out of class but at the most unexpected moment the student identified as Jack Krasinski, pulls the alarm once more. This time one class doesn’t exactly make it out, the student called Crazy Jack had come to class carrying an AK-47 to class, holding everyone hostage, no teachers looked for help until one shot was fired. At this point the thrill was only getting started for Jack.
This book was a fun read and super entertaining, Sharon M. Draper kept me in suspense throughout the book with her great way of writing. Draper shows the power young teenage students really have in this book and has great examples of what some kids have to go through while growing up. I liked how Just Another Hero had the right amount of suspense and action involving many things that actually happen in teen life. I could relate to the characters and create an image of everything while reading. Even the title shows a great picture in my head and the story definitely doesn’t disappoint.