The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

When I started reading "The Son of Neptune", I was excited. I'd LOVED the first book"The Lost Hero" and the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. This book takes place in June, starting out at Camp Jupiter, the only safe place for demigods, half mortals, half Roman gods. Percy has wandered in there carrying a goddess and has lost his memory completely, except for the name and face of his girlfriend Annabeth. Now, Percy is off with two other demigods named Hazel and Frank to Alaska to fight a giant and free Thantos, the lieutenant to Hades and to make sure that people can die again. If you want to read this book, I would recommend that you first start out with "The Lightning Thief" and the other Percy Jackson and the Olympians books including "The Lost Hero" if you haven't already read them. I highly recommend this book to almost anyone who loves reading because it is filled with adventure, humor, history, and a little romance. "The Son of Neptune" is the second book in the Heroes of Olympus series after "The Lost Hero" and new ones come out once a year sometime in October. In fact, I love this series so much, that I've already asked the librarian to reserve the next book, "The Mark of Athena" when it comes out in 2012. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.

DanaR. BRONZE said...
DanaR. BRONZE, Cedarburg, Wisconsin

Be positive. What's the point in being negative?

That's fine.  I do it all the time!

on Nov. 8 2011 at 9:48 am
Arya4Eragon PLATINUM, Jonesboro, Arkansas

"Without life there is still faith, but without faith there is no life." -SJB

Didn't mean to say it twice... :/

on Nov. 8 2011 at 9:47 am

I totally agree!

on Nov. 8 2011 at 9:15 am

I completely agree!

DanaR. BRONZE said...
DanaR. BRONZE, Cedarburg, Wisconsin

It is! In my opinion, I think anyone and everyone would like this book & series.

Anonymous said...
Nice review! Very well written. Sounds like an interesting book.