Bloodlines by Richelle Mead | Teen Ink

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

By WriterGirl08 PLATINUM, Ghaziabad, Other
WriterGirl08 PLATINUM, Ghaziabad, Other

In my mind, I can climb intricate scaffolds of words to reach the highest ceiling of the cathedral and paint my thoughts. But when I open my mouth, it all collapses.
- Isaac Marion, Warm Bodies

Spin-off series' usually disappoint devoted fans, but Richelle Mead, with the launch of Bloodlines, the Vampire Academy spin-off has killed every belief similar to this.
Lissa's half sister, Jill, has just discovered she's a royal Moroi. And oh, just by the way, a fairly big number of Moroi are trying to kill her, to throw Lissa off the throne. Jill is sent into hiding in California, along with Sydney (yes, the very!) alchemist, Eddie, the dhampir, and Adrian Ivashkov, the super-hot-forever-wasted royal Moroi. In this quiet harmless town, things are expected to go all smoothly, but there are a number of sinister surprises lurking beneath the surface. Written from the point of Sydney, the book unravels many alchemist beliefs and traditions, and the aversion to every non-human life form drilled into their mind since childhood. The book is thrilling, as unexpected characters come into being, and the bad guys turn out to be the trusted ones. Though Richelle has agonized fans by killing any hopes of Sydney getting romantic with a guy, her statement for the second book, 'The Golden Lily,' promises us with Sydney venturing into the romance department, and needless to say, that's all we need along with Moroi, Strigoi, Dhampirs, Alchemists, and sadly humans too, to keep us hooked on to her every word.

Bloodlines - Freaking insane, crazy exciting, irresistibly charming, and sinisterly dangerous.