The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

By , Franklin, TN
The first Sarah Dessen book that I read, The Truth About Forever, is life-changing... literally. It takes you through an amazing story of a typical teenager, Macy, whose had some hard times in her life. She shut down and pushed everybody away, at least until she discovered Wish Catering, and most of all, Wes. In the past, Macy has always been fine-just-fine, striving for perfection, and hiding her flaws. This book sends out a really great message to teen-aged girls about accepting themselves and not being afraid to live their lives to the fullest. It really makes you wonder which is better, to hide inside yourself and never fail or get hurt, or step out into the unknown with no idea what anything will amount to? It completely changed my perspective on life. Our flaws and imperfections aren't always what they seem. Sometimes, they can be our strongest assets and most attractive personality traits. I highly recommend this book to any and every teen-aged girl. It captured and held every bit of my attention and passion, without the aid of any fantasy settings or mythical creatures. That in itself is a beautiful way to write. And because of this book, I'm not afraid to fly. I think you'll feel the same...