Just Listen by Sarah Dessen | Teen Ink

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

By milenaianni BRONZE, Highland Village, Texas
milenaianni BRONZE, Highland Village, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Book Review

This book review is about a book called Just Listen, by Sarah Dessen. Just Listen is a teenage realistic fiction book. It is perfect book for a mature girl teen that loves drama or romance. In this book, Annabel Green used to be the girl with everything, but now she is torn apart on being a model for the rest of her life, or quitting to be just like all other typical teens. She doesn’t like for anyone to be disappointed in her, including her mother, whose passion is helping Annabel with her modeling. She is the definite peace-keeper type. This year, Annabel is starting her senior year in high school and worries that nobody will like her and she won’t have any friends. Her ex-best friend, Sophie, is one person that is not to be trusted. Sophie is the popular girl who knows everyone. But the problem is…Did Sophie tell about what happened last summer?
Every day at lunch, Annabel sits on a brick wall by herself near a boy named Owen Armstrong. He has the same problems as Annabel; Owen is an oddball, who always listens to his iPod. Finally, after a couple of weeks, Owen talks to Annabel, and it turns out that they start a great friendship. Will their friendship end up in a romance? Or will they end up hating each other?
This is an excellent book! I rate it an eight. In Just Listen, I know my character’s feelings and personalities very well. Sarah Dessen definitely lets you know about each one of them!
Sarah Dessen grew up in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, and graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill with the highest honors in Creative Writing. Her first novel was published in 1996, called “That Summer.” Sarah Dessen also published her tenth great book, “What Happened to Goodbye”, in May of 2011. She is an amazing writer!

I love to read, and I thought that it would be fun to do a book review!

1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Thank you! :)

Milena,

This is such a good book review. Keep writing! ;)