The Queen of Everything by Deb Caletti | Teen Ink

The Queen of Everything by Deb Caletti

By novella_vialli SILVER, OakBrook, Illinois
novella_vialli SILVER, OakBrook, Illinois

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There is just something about Deb Caletti’s novels that reel me in every time i pick them up. There is something in the words and the characters that makes you feel one with the novel and just connect. Just as i adore Sarah Dessen, i just about love Deb Caletti.

The Queen of Everything was definitely different from what i had read before. Jordan has to live with the fact that her father is going crazy when he starts having an affair with a married woman. She has her own problems as well, a douche of boyfriend, who only wants one thing. Her undeniable attraction to her best friend’s brother, no matter how much of a freak everyone claims him to be, and two tragedies that sneak up on her and rattle her bones.

I absolutely loved this book. Though, i just about hated Kale. Truth be told, i was fooled till 3/4 of the book into thinking that Kale was for Jordan and it had me thinking what the hell she saw in him. But that was before she extracted her awesome revenge on him. Now that i loved.
There are certain parts of the novel that just stick with you. Like in this novel, Jordan’s revenge on Kale was memorable for me, and in The Nature of Jade i loved when Jade threw a glass full of lemonade at her house because she was upset at her mother ratting out her one true love to the authorities (you’ll need to read the novel to find out more).

I can’t wait to get my hands on all the other novels by Deb. I know for sure that they will not disappoint. At the moment i want to read Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by her.

My book blog, Breathing Books, features more reviews by authors that i enjoy reading.