Baseball Great by Tim Green | Teen Ink

Baseball Great by Tim Green

October 4, 2011
By BigM6497 SILVER, Monticello, Illinois
BigM6497 SILVER, Monticello, Illinois
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Baseball Great
By: Tim Green

If you like baseball this is a book for you. Many people would like this book because it has drama, sports, romance, and other great features. You should enjoy this book if you read it or have read it. It’s one of those books you can read a hundred times and never get tired of it.
The title of this amazing book is Baseball Great. The author of this book is Tim Green. He is a very good book writer he has wrote many other great sports books like “The Best of the Best” and Football Genius. Tim Green is an amazing writer because he includes such deep feelings in the characters and really express their emotions.

Baseball Great is about a kid named Josh and his dad plays Triple A ball. Then Josh’s father gets cut from his Triple A team and his dad is going to go work for Rocky Valentine the head coach for the Titans baseball team. The Titans team are one of the best teams in the U.S. Josh was going to try out for his schools baseball team but right in the middle of tryouts his dad pulls him and takes him to try and join the Titans baseball team. Josh’s dad says “You are to good for your school team you need to be playing with kids just as good as you so you can go pro.” After the Titans win a couple of tournaments Rocky gets a deal with Nike to make a U-12 Team. Josh makes the U-14 team and finds out that Rocky is giving the team “gym candy” in other words steroids. Josh has to stop Rocky from hurting his teammates.

Some strengths of the book were that it was a very quick read I’m a slow reader and it only took me 3 days to read. Also the chapters are really short so it seems like it is going by faster than it really is. On the other hand some weaknesses to the book were that Tim Green didn’t really give much detail about what was going on in the story. Also it is a not very long book I wish it was a long book it probably would have been better if it was a little bit longer.

I would recommend this book to everyone that liked sports and a good book. I would probably give this book 9 out of 10 that’s how good it was. If you are looking for a quick read or a good book go and find Baseball Great.