Knucklehead: Tall Tales and Almost True Stories of Growing up Scieszka by Jon Scieszka

Well if you’re one of those people who have a hard time finding something even close to readable, then pay attention. Jon Scieszka’s book Knucklehead is a short and fun non-fiction read that even has been nominated for a 2011 Rebecca Caudill award. Knucklehead is pretty much a summary of Jon’s life as a child. It mostly consists of all the crazy and random ways Jon and his five brothers get into trouble. Each chapter has a new story, with a new conflict, so you can’t really get bored with the book.

At first I was thinking that this was just going to be a short little story with no interesting parts. Now I was right about it being short, but it was plenty interesting. There’s a lot of amusing parts of ridiculous things he and his brother(s) did. They’ve caught stuff on fire, sold their brother’s shirt back to him, and various other crazy and dangerous things.
So if you like short, fast reads that have Rebecca Caudill awards, then here you go. (Oh, and there’s a few pictures, too!)