The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester | Teen Ink

The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester

By Maddy98 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Maddy98 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

The Girl Who Could Fly
The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester is a very good book in my opinion. The book is about Piper McCloud who lives with her mom and dad in the little town of Lowland Country. She soon discovers that she has a power that she is unaware of.

Piper has now figured out how to control her powers and use them in a good way. After her parents find out, all they want to do is keep Pipers feet on the ground.
Piper can fly and the whole town knows it. In the beginning Forester describes how Piper is lonely and in need of a friend. She wishes she had someone to fly with. I like how the author puts the fictional fact of flying and to the common person flying would be extraordinary! “The story soars, just like Piper, with enough loop-de-loops to keep kids uncertain about what will come next.” says Booklist. With the special school Piper enters to help what she thinks will improve her flying ability, some very interesting things happen at I.N.S.A.N.E.

Even though Forester wrote a great book in my eyes, there is some things that I would change. First, the explanation at the beginning, she did a great job in detail but sometimes it was hard to understand where Piper was in setting. The last thing I would change would be the ending, she could have given more detail and describe where all of the characters end up.

“It’s the oddest/sweetest mix of Little House on the Prairie and X-men. I was smiling the whole time (except for when I cried)… Prepare to have your heart warmed.” says Stephine Meyer, author of the Twilight Saga. That is what I found it just to be, one of those books that make you want to smile when you are done.

I think I would definitely give this book 10 out of 10 when it comes to a great conclusion and a lifelong lesson taught with wonderful characters and plots.