finally by Wendy Mass | Teen Ink

finally by Wendy Mass

By Lizzie10 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Lizzie10 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

cooooollllll

Finally
By, Wendy Mass

Finally is a very relatable and exciting book. Wendy Mass, also author of Rebecca Caudill, Every Soul a Star, has really made it easy to relate and share experiences with the main character, Rory. I personally liked the book because it’s interesting and there is a surprise chapter after chapter. It was defiantly hard to put it down!

Finally takes place in present day and the story unfolds in the weeks adding up to her birthday. “…over the past year, every wish has been spent wishing I was twelve already, a date I’ve waited for my whole life and one that is only six weeks away.” Rory Swenson has been dreaming of her twelfth birthday sense she was little. She even made a list of the things and privileges she’d get once she was twelve! But once she receives what she wants on her list, things seem to take a turn for the worst. Her life is slowly turning into a pattern of receiving, suffering, and then giving. Although it gives a little too much foreshadowing, Finally is still a surprising and heartwarming book with a life-changing lesson from a mysterious old woman who came up in past Wendy Mass books. In the end you will see what life is really about and how people do notice if you take the time to help them out. I also liked the book because I felt that Wendy Mass really understood what a girl would actually do in this situation. If you love a truly remarkable fiction book, I highly recommend this one!