The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew by C. S. Lewis | Teen Ink

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew by C. S. Lewis

September 29, 2011
By Lucas Burton BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Lucas Burton BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician’s Nephew By: C.S. Lewis


What would you do if you are launched out of a pool, fly into the air, and land, but you aren’t wet and you don’t know where you are? This happened to Digory, a boy that is about ten years old, what he doesn’t know is that he is in the magical land of Narnia, you can join him in his adventure in the first of the epic series, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician’s Nephew, By: C. S. Lewis.



I love this book because it leads into an epic series that will leave you wanting more. At some points you’ll be on the edge of your seat. I like how well it puts you into the story, sometimes I almost feel like I’m in the book. My favorite part of the book is when Digory first enters the new world because I can imagine it so vividly.









In the near past, Digory is a young boy, I would say ten years old, he lives in the city of London with his aunt and Uncle Andrew. Polly is a young girl about the same age as Digory. Uncle Andrew is Digory’s uncle, and is said to be mad, but it turns out he isn’t…





Uncle Andrew makes some rings that teleport you to different worlds that you’ve never seen before! Digory and Polly explore the new world, Narnia. But trouble arises when Digory enters Charn, an old, abandoned place, and awakens an evil sorceress.






The only bad part of the book is, it is be very slow-moving at times, and I think it is the slowest book out of the series, but other than that, it is a very good book. Over all, I would give it a 9.5 out of 10. It is a very good fantasy book, and I would recommend it to audiences ages 10 and up.