The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

September 29, 2011
By Allyson Garrett BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Allyson Garrett BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

The Hunger Games
Suzanne Collins
The Hunger Games is written by New York Times, bestselling author, Suzanne Collins. The book is 374 pages long, but worth reading! This is a science fiction book. Every chapter grabbed your attention and made the suspense so unbearable, that you have to keep reading! The Hunger Games received the Rebecca Caudill award in 2010-2011!
Do you like mysteries? Puzzles? Love and Relationships? Drama? Adventure? Well this book has it all! “Winning means fame and fortune. Losing means certain death.” In a place that was known as North America, lies a place by the mane of Panem. Around Panem a dazzling capitol stands. The capitol is cruel and selfish. Panem is broken up into 12 districts. Each district has a special job they must do for the capitol, but there is something strange about an extra space in Panem. What was there? What happened to it? Is there a secret behind it?

To make the districts understand that the capitol is in charge, each district must send a boy and girl from the ages of 12-18 to attend and participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to death on live TV.
Katniss Everdeen, 17, is entered in the reaping along with her sister, Primrose Everdeen, 12. The reaping is the place where they draw a girl the boy’s name that must enter the Hunger Games. Katniss thinks as the as a death sentence. In my opinion this is one of the best parts in the book, even though it is only in the beginning. Does Katniss get her name drawn? Does something unexpected happen? You must read it to find out!
Katniss gets put in a tough decision. She is to pick the love of the best friend, Gale, or the love of an average town boy?
This book is probably the best book I have ever read! I think you will enjoy this book because of the way Collins wrote this book. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with this book! The Hunger Games could probably be read from grades 5 and up! Boys or Girls can read this book and enjoy it! This book can be for kids, but adults as well.