Masterpiece by Elise Broach | Teen Ink

Masterpiece by Elise Broach

By TheSag3 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
TheSag3 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

Get Some!

One word to describe Masterpiece, inspiring. This is a book of a bug’s life, and how he see’s everything. Elise Broach is a great author great at nailing every little detail in this book. She writes this book in many different prospective. This is a very good and moving book.

It takes place in the Pompadays apartment in present day New York City. Marvin is a beetle that lives under the Pompaday’s sink, Marvin lives with his family under the sink. James Pompaday is an 11 year old boy, but this year James had a pretty disappointing birthday. All he got from his parents was an ink set. Marvin want to make James’s birthday better so he decides to take him a coin that he has found. So Marvin goes on a long journey to James’s bedroom and when he is there he finds a talent that he never knew he had.
In this book James and Marvin become great and crime fighters. I love every little detail in this book from the size proportion to colors. This book takes place all around New York City. In museums and hotels to the city streets James and Marvin explore. This book is a fictional book.This is a very fast reed and great book, I would recommend this book to all ages, and anyone looking for a great read.