Knucklehead by Jon Scieszka

Knucklehead
Jon Scieszka
Imagine having five brothers in one household! Jon Scieszka, the author and main character of Knucklehead, has five brothers. He is the second oldest and as he says “the nicest. And the smartest. And the best looking. And the most humble.” This book is an autobiography about Jon Scieszka and his family. This book was nominated for the 2011 Rebecca Caudill award.
I loved this book. It was short, easy, and funny. I normally don’t like to read but I couldn’t put this book down after I started reading it. I don’t think there is a weakness in the book! There are cool pictures to look at of the family and other things that go with the chapter you are on.
The main characters in Knucklehead are Jim, Jon, Tom, Gregg, Brian, Jeff, Shirley, and Louis. This is the Scieszka family. The dad calls the boys Knucklehead’s because they always joke around and do funny stuff. This is how Knucklehead got its name.
Some of the stories in this book just make you laugh hysterically. One of my favorite stories is when Jon had to make a list of all the bad words for his teacher-who is a nun.
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a short, and really good book to read. This is by far one of the best books I have read.

Allyson G. said...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:43 am
leah.......GOOD JOB GIRL! I didnt know you could do this well ;) jk!

Breonna_Quinn said...

i have read this book. i have never finished the book but i am planning on reading it all, i think the way you descriebed the book makes me want to read it more. i will do a book revew on it also. but nice job on the book review.