Living on Impulse by Cara Haycak | Teen Ink

Living on Impulse by Cara Haycak

By CamiS101 SILVER, Monticello, Illinois
CamiS101 SILVER, Monticello, Illinois

Living on impulse is a book by Cara Haycak. This realistic fiction book is an inspirational story about a girl who tries to turn her life around after running into the law.

Living on impulse is a book based in the present about a 15 year old girl named Mia. Mia is convicted of shoplifting and her mother demands she gets a job to pay her back money for bail. After searching for her father, helping her mother stop her addiction, and starting to rebuild her life from the ground up, Mia somehow has time to get a job. And it all starts with Professor Finkelstein and his... interesting hobby.

Cara Haycak has been writing teen books since 1995. Living on impulse is her second novel. She currently lives in Los Angeles with her husband, son, and two dogs.
I don’t have anything I don’t like about this book. I do like this novel because it is not a predictable story. It starts with Mia having a difficult time relating to anyone. Then Mia slowly lets people talk to her, and she finally starts to listen. This book is a page turner that will be hard to put down. Teen Girls can relate so well to Mia and her struggles in life. But the here is the real question, will Mia finally be able to overcome her bad habits and start trying to be responsible? Living on impulse definitely gets thumbs up from

MarbleMayhem BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois

"there's no place like home"

~Dorthy

good job!!!