The Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas

If you like fantasy with adventure and magic, The Magic Thief is the perfect book for you! Sarah Prineas does a great job with making the fantasy city of Wellmet.

The book has been nominated for the 2011 Rebecca Caudill Award. The Magic Thief is only her first novel, but I already love her writings. This book is the first book of her trilogy. I can’t wait for her next novel.

The story takes place in Wellmet, a city of magic. Connwaer is a thief who lives on the street. He is given the chance to become a hero when the magic of Wellmet is declining. I love this character because he gets a second chance to become something more than a thief.

I loved the book The Magic Thief because Prineas uses details to explain how the magical city works. She makes you feel like you are inside the story. The ending was unexpected and I love that in a book. I also like how they give you a map of the town and a description of the characters and places in the book. One weakness about the book is that it is very slow in the beginning. I had a difficult time focusing and I was somewhat confused about the book because of this. The book got better throughout and I was able to focus more, therefore making it easier to understand. It is well worth it to keep reading the book.

I recommend the book for middle school and high school grades who really love fantasy books. If you feel like a great book, pick up the book The Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas.

Ravenfall47 said...
Omg I LOVE this book! One day I was at the library, roaming around for a good new book and saw this. I'm like, okay, it looks like it might be for younger kids, but I'll try it just for the heck of it. I really liked it! I absolutely love Conn and all the other characters - they're so different from normal characters, and so is the story. I found my self intently reading this book and wondering what was happening next. Yes, it still might be on the younger side, but I found it just wha... (more »)