Worldshaker by Richard Harland | Teen Ink

Worldshaker by Richard Harland

September 29, 2011
By Grant72797 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
Grant72797 BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Worldshaker
By: Richard Harland
Worldshaker is a wonderfully written book by Richard Harland about a world that took a turn for the worst starting way back in napoleon times
It takes place from the viewpoint of a 16 year old boy named Colbert Porpentine ,people call him Col, he is a member of the highest family on the juggernaut and has grown up to believe exactly what he is told. Then one night a filthy appears in his room. Filthies are supposed to be brutish, slow, cannibalistic, and stupid monsters. Col is surprised to find it looks like a human and is amazingly fast she calls herself Riff and leaves by morning. By the next day he decided to act like it had never happened and his grandfather nominates him to be his successor as supreme commander, leader of the juggernaut Worldshaker, if I had been Col then I would have been absolutely stunned.
Col finds himself thrown into a world where the filthies begin to plan a revolution and Col has to decide which side to choose his family and the Worldshaker or the filthies and Riff who he’s surprised he begins to have feelings for.
A riveting book that I can guarantee you won’t want to put down till the last page.