Fly Girl by Sherri L. Smith | Teen Ink

Fly Girl by Sherri L. Smith

September 29, 2011
By beccarox98 SILVER, Monticello, Illinois
beccarox98 SILVER, Monticello, Illinois
6 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Fly Girl

In this thrilling, high flying book, called Fly Girl, you will see bravery, courage and overall the will-power of women from around the country. Sherri L. Smith has captured the hard struggle of a girl named Ida Mae Jones, better known by the W.A.S.P. girls as Jonsey, who lives in sunny New Orleans in the 1940’s.

In this thrilling book you will journey with Jonsey as she chases her dream, to become a pilot in the military and help her brother overseas, but something and someone will try to stop her.

I think this book shows that if you chase your dreams you can find out that it’s not what you do, but who you are that makes a difference. Teenagers around the world should read this amazing historical fiction book because it shows that no matter who you are or where you come from you can achieve success.

One thing I didn’t like about the book is that it didn’t have a strong ending, it left it up to you to decide what would happen. In the end Fly Girl still has a strong plot that made it worthwhile to read.