Fly Girl by Sherri L. Smith

Fly Girl

In this thrilling, high flying book, called Fly Girl, you will see bravery, courage and overall the will-power of women from around the country. Sherri L. Smith has captured the hard struggle of a girl named Ida Mae Jones, better known by the W.A.S.P. girls as Jonsey, who lives in sunny New Orleans in the 1940’s.

In this thrilling book you will journey with Jonsey as she chases her dream, to become a pilot in the military and help her brother overseas, but something and someone will try to stop her.

I think this book shows that if you chase your dreams you can find out that it’s not what you do, but who you are that makes a difference. Teenagers around the world should read this amazing historical fiction book because it shows that no matter who you are or where you come from you can achieve success.

One thing I didn’t like about the book is that it didn’t have a strong ending, it left it up to you to decide what would happen. In the end Fly Girl still has a strong plot that made it worthwhile to read.

beccarox98 said...
Nov. 1, 2011 at 8:47 am
Thanks for ur imput Claire M. I agree totally. What do you think Jonsey does?

Claire M. said...
I totally agree with you-Flygirl is a really good book, but you are right about the ending...it lets you decide what happens to Jonesy. This is definatly a book worth reading! :-)

beccarox98 replied...
Nov. 1, 2011 at 8:48 am
Dear Claire M., I totaly agree! What do you think happens to Jonsey?

sevandlilly said...
This is one of the books I have in the pile next to my bed. Usually, I'm not really the historical fiction type so I can't decide wether to read it or not... what do you think?

Rebecca O. replied...
It all depends on how old you are. I'm thirteen and I loved it, but my ten year old sister got bored with it. Also, it seems like girls would like it more, but guys could like it too. I loved tbis book so much and couldn't put it down.