Bright Shiny Morning by James Frey | Teen Ink

Bright Shiny Morning by James Frey

One of the most controversial authors in America has flourished to create a remarkable piece of work, art, or should I quote “plainly a masterpiece”, in which it delivers some of the most gruesome yet original characters and events. Bright Shiny Morning is a testimony to James’ break that was caused, needless to say, by one of the nation’s highly known speakers, Oprah Winfrey. In one of Frey’s previously published books A Million Little Pieces, Winfrey critiques the book and sets him on the spot; worldwide television. All to state that Frey used his creative side, Winfrey creates one of the biggest controversies to this day over the fact that Frey had no want to expose the truth of what he had to face. However, getting back to Frey and his time-out in the “writing world” he created a work of art that faces the true reality of Los Angeles that we ALL have to deal with.

This book is an incredible work of fiction that prowls around the lives of so many undermining, yet “witty” civilians in LA, California. Those introduced are many that are filtered through to get to four main individual characters. Their soul mates are each separated either through death or in terms of their own sacrifice. Yet realistic and not however completely factual, this book is “inspired” through the voice of James Frey in a realistic breakthrough cracked through the lives of these branched characters through the “Big Kahuna” LOS ANGELES.

Let alone mentioning A Million Little Pieces, Frey has written a sequel to AMLP called My Friend Leonard. He has also created a book titled The Final Testament of The Holy Bible that I absolutely refuse to read based on his belief of CHRIST which he constantly expresses in books, and interviews. James Frey is a wonderful, undoubtedly world-known author, yet his whatsoever “charisma” that he DOES NOT hold to a standard is very mind boggling. How does someone write about a faith they know nothing of, in this case Christianity? How can he give his “final testament” on the Holy Bible when he soulfully doesn’t believe a word in it? I don’t even need to read the back of the book, I just study what he says which comes across to be completely blasphemous. Why didn’t Oprah touch on that? Yeah, lets not go that far!

The last words of the book represent the somewhat “pride” or whatever is left of Los Angeles that hold my words of predictions to stay true to themselves. “The sun rises in a clear sky that moves from black to gray to white to deep, pure crystal blue.One in Georgia packs his things he’s going to take a bus. Four in Mexico walk across scorched earth water in packs on their back. Two in Indiana best friends coming together they pack their best clothes while their parents wait to take them to the airport. One in Canada drives south.Sixty from China in a cargo container sail east. Four in New York pool their cash and buy a car and drop out of school and drive west. Sixteen cars of a passenger train crossing the Mojave only one stop left. One in Miami doesn’t know how she’s going to get there. Three in Montana have a truck none of them have any idea what they’re going to do once they arrive. A plane from Brazil sold out landing at LAX. Six in Chicago dreaming on shared stages they rented a van they’ll see if any of them can make it. Two from Arizona hitchhiking. Four more just crossed in Texas walking. Another one in Ohio with a motorcycle and a dream. All of them with their dreams. It calls to them and they believe it and they cannot say no to it, they cannot say no.It calls to them.It calls. Calls.”

on Jun. 24 2012 at 4:17 am
sgdaniels67 BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
Thanks! It is a great book! He is a wonderful author:) 

DanielM SILVER said...
DanielM SILVER, Kent, Washington

"I would rather hated million times for what i did then loved a million times for what i didn't do." - Daniel Moto
" I've sought out to be the best i could posibly be but when i hit a roadblock in life what did i do, i had two choices either stay at the roadblock or i take this roadblock and make of it and go around it and achieve my goal. So, what will it be?"- Daniel Mathia

"People take love like its a four letter word or just a phrase that you tell people or your friends all the time. But in reality love is much bigger than a merely phrase or 4 letter word. Instead love is a genuine promise or covenant to that special person."-Daniel Mathia

“Why change yourself when you were made perfect and wonderfully by the creator of everything?” – Daniel Mathia

“If live is not hurtin then were really not living in.” – B. Reith

Intersting review....i might actually read this book. Great Job!!!