The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

September 13, 2011
By karalovesowlsx3 BRONZE, West Seneca, New York
karalovesowlsx3 BRONZE, West Seneca, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never regret anything because it's something you once wanted".


Who would have thought you could meet the love of your life from him running into you and you pop spilling down your new shirt? Who would have thought that someone so close to you could possibly be dying? In that case the book, The Last Song, is not your typical book.

Ronnie is an average 16 year old girl, she doesn’t listen to her parents and somehow along the way, she meets the guy of her dreams. This summer, Ronnie is “unfortunately” shipped off to stay with her dad for the summer with her younger brother, Jonah, after not seeing their father for about three years. In this book Ronnie learns love, compassion, and understanding and highly increases her maturity all in one summer.

Although I personally, very much enjoyed the book, it was slightly confusing because each chapter was a different character speaking in their point of view. In the beginning when you don’t know any of the characters it is hard to remember which each character is speaking. Overall, I thought the book was a fairly decent length; it was an easy read but at times could get slightly too descriptive with explaining that wasn’t necessary. Finally, the ending was also different and you should be very excited to find out that happens!

In conclusion, I would recommend this book to teenagers who like teen problem books. The girls would really love the romance and drama and the boys would like the friendship and excitement that is scattered in The Last Song. However, you should be informed that this book is more intended for people who like romance novels.


The author's comments:
My review of The Last Song was mandatory for English class but I honestly did enjoy this book.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.