The last song by Nicolas sparks | Teen Ink

The last song by Nicolas sparks

By jessieg012 BRONZE, West Seneca, New York
jessieg012 BRONZE, West Seneca, New York

How would you feel if your father left you, your brother, and your mother and now years later wants you and your brother to spend the whole summer with him? This is what happens in the novel The last song by Nicolas sparks.
The book takes place in present day in a little town by the ocean. Ronnie a seventeen year old graduate from high school and her younger brother Joan are forced to stay with their father for summer vacation. Joan can’t wait to spend the summer with his dad but Ronnie on the other hand doesn’t want anything to do with him. She feels that he has left her and her family.
I enjoyed this book very much. The way that we knew what every character thought. Though out the novel the side characters seemed still important because we knew what they were things as well. Also every couple of chapters the narrator would change to a different person in the story. I can really relate to the one of the main charters Ronnie. Her personality about hating everyone and everything is how I am sometimes. Also the retaliation ship that she develops with her father is unbreakable. But though out the book my favorite part is the way she cares for the sea turtle eggs. Ronnie finds sea turtle eggs on the beach and dose all she can to watch and protect them.

This book is a Romaic drama. This novel is a great story and I would recommend it to any person that likes sad love stories and a happily ever after story with a twist of the modern day.