Paper Towns by John Green This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Margo Roth Spiegelman is somewhat of a legend to Quentin Jacobsen. Though they have always been neighbors, their relationship only goes as far as a childhood friendship. That is, until, one night Margo taps on his window and beckons him on a midnight trip of revenge. When their night ends, Quentin believes that he and Margo have become friends. But his world is turned when the next day she goes missing, and the only lead to where she might be is a clue that was left for him. As he and his friends Ben and "Radar" try to follow the maze of clues that she has set up for them, Quentin soon realizes that there was more to her than met the eye, and he begins to question if he ever really knew the real Margo.

John Green (author of Looking for Alaska) has once again impressed readers by writing a book that is raw, realistic, and at times hilarious. I thought that there was great character development, and I was impressed by Green's many insights into life. There were a few slow moments where I found myself yearning to look ahead, but overall I found the pace to be well set.

I would recommend this book for teenagers who like realistic fiction. This is a story about friendship, love, new beginnings, road trips, and a boy who will go to all costs to find the girl that he knows is out there.

TotheSea said...
Oct. 23, 2011 at 11:40 am
I loved this book, and this is a great review!  The last sentence is just awesome.

glimmer replied...
Thanks so much for commenting! I'm glad you liked it:)