Airborn by Kenneth Oppel | Teen Ink

Airborn by Kenneth Oppel

April 9, 2008
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

I have never read a book that I was so consumed by a book like I was with the book Airborn written by Kenneth Oppel. The book was so good I read all of the 355 pages in four days. I just couldn't put the book down.

A couple good things about the book were the dialogue and the detail. The dialogue in the book was also very descriptive in telling what the characters were doing while they were talking. Kenneth Oppel also used such great detail no one thing wasn't described. The cloud cat as they called was described to the max with wing span measurements, facial expressions, and the body size.

I only found one thing I did not like about the book, the ending. The main character Matt Cruise saves the air ship they are on, The Aurora from air pirates and gets a big reward and then goes to the air school. During the attack the ship took on a lot of damage so it had to be fixed. He was at a museum with one of the passengers of the ship that Matt fell in love with, and he sees the ship take off and takes the girl's hand and says there's my girl. It could of ended a little better but besides that, this was one good book and I recommend it to anyone that likes action.