Miracle’s Boys by Jacqueline Woodson | Teen Ink

Miracle’s Boys by Jacqueline Woodson

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

The story of three parentless brothers is told by Jacqueline Woodson in the book “Miracle's Boys”. This book is about three very different brothers having to come together as a family after both of their parents die. Charlie, the middle brother has a knack for getting in trouble during the worst times. He has been arrested twice but one more time and Ty'ree, the oldest brother will lose custody of his brothers to their aunt who is currently in Georgia. Charlie ends up getting arrested so Lafayette the youngest brother thought for sure they were going to have to live with their aunt, it turns out he was not charged with a crime so they don't have to move. To go back to the beginning of the book Charlie and Lafayette always had a great relationship with each other spending the majority of their time together weather it was playing ball or going to the candy store. As soon as Charlie got arrested for the first time things changed and when Charlie came back he was never the same, new friends, new habits, never home, getting in trouble, bad grades etc,. Lafayette really took this hard because Charlie was really his only friend so now Lafayette felt alone and unloved. The only person Lafayette can really talk to is Ty'ree and he is usually busy working and raising his family as best as he can without any guidance. Life was rough for a while, when newCharlie was getting into trouble and not being a good friend or brother. After newCharlie's last arrest I think it really showed the family that Charlie needs to step up, that he did. Charlie came back to his old self and it really brought the young family together.

I would definitely recommend this book to anybody because I think it really relates to a lot of people's lives these days. The book also really opens your eyes to the problems that people really have and the strife families have to go to.

Ilikethis said...
Nice story i hope to hear more
Love it

bmcclease said...
on Nov. 20 2014 at 11:38 am
in chapter 8 .. what do the boys end up doing instead of going to the movies ?!?!?! really need to know asap for my paper work !!!! Thanks :)