Tales of the Greek Heroes by Roger Lancelyn Green | Teen Ink

Tales of the Greek Heroes by Roger Lancelyn Green

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

The book Tales of the Greek Heroes is a blast through Greek history. With captivating tales of Greek heroes and their adventures, it talks about all the famous Greek heroes and all the Greek gods. It is very educating. It is a great book that gives a brief run-through of Greek mythology, but doesn't leave you without knowing anything. It takes you back and forth through time informing you about Greek landmarks, and their supposed origins. Roger Lancdelyn Green doesn't summarize Greek history but teaches it. He explains all the history of the Greek people, and all the countries origins according to Greek mythology. He explains all the relationships the Greek people had with their gods. How Permetheous gave man fire and was punished by Zeus. He also talks about a lot of the other Greek legends, but out of all the Greek legends my favorite is Hercules.

In Hercules I saw the most depth, and I could relate to that. He was also humble and hardworking, and he never gave up. Those are virtues, I desire to have. Hercules was also dynamic and I could relate to that, but what was very strange and attractive at the same time was that he was half human and half god. To me, I think Hercules has conflicting behaviors due to his half- human half- god persona. I am sure that if I investigate the origins of Hercules it will give more insight into the character.

Overall I think this book is a very good book, and it should be added to your book collection. It is also a definite book winner to me, I truly love it. But if you are new to Greek mythology, then this is the book for you. However, if you are well knowledgeable in it already, then this is also a good book to further your knowledge. Truly, I would recommend this book to everybody because it is a classic, and if you think that Greek mythology is not that interesting to you, and then this is a book that might ignite your Greek passion. You might never know what you might discover in Greek mythology.

Ruby said...
on Sep. 13 2016 at 6:54 pm
Ha! You didn't fool anyone because, OH MY GOD, we can read and write PROPERLY.

Bella said...
on Mar. 15 2012 at 7:06 pm
this book is so awesome i hate so muchh. i tricked you that i liked it lol soooooooooooooo funnyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!