Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari

Ashes, Ashes is a fiction book about the aftermath of terrible disasters such as a disease that wipes out about 95% of the population and natural disasters. The main character, 16 year old Lucy, is surviving on her own in the outskirts of what’s left of New York City. When a mysterious boy named Aidan suddenly comes to her rescue after being chased by a pack of dogs, he offers to let her come stay with him and a group of survivors. Lucy then joins them once her camp is destroyed but soon discovers that an army of sweepers are terrorizing the camp and taking her friends. What she doesn’t know is that the sweepers are really setting a trap for her, and that they will stop at nothing to have her.
Overall, this book was quite good. It’s got the whole package; adventure, love and suspense. However, this book never really picked up to a really fast pace and it also reflected back on her old life far too much for me. It was also fairly predictable in its plot. That aside though, it is a great book for people who love the end of the world themes and survival. It is definitely a book you should check out in the library but not however sprint to the bookstore worthy.

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 12:51 am

Another great article !

I enjoyed that you didn't give away too many details , and that you made sure to include your opinion on it. Fantastic work!