Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

I loved this book. Utterly. Completely. Loved it. Mostly because of Patch. Don't get me wrong, I really liked Nora, but she has nothing on Patch. He is not nice, nor is he cute. He is a perfect illustration of the term "bad boy." He isn't one who uses the attitude as a facade; he seriously considers murdering the heroine for his own gain. That is actually his intention for most of the book, until the point when he gives in and is willing to sacrifice everything for her. Swoon. Nora is sweet, nice, a little naive and easy to sympathize with. She is immediately attracted to Patch even though she can tell he is dangerous. And, really, how could she help herself?

This book is well-written and fast-paced without speeding through the plot. It was perhaps a little bit predictable at times, but never completely obvious. The romance was really interesting with the unusual homicidal edge on Patch's part and the characters had great chemistry. I went through the entire novel in one night and wished it was longer. I really liked the ending and how it didn't have the popular cliffhanger but left enough unfinished business to keep you asking for more.

I would recommend this book to lovers of YA romance and fantasy involving fallen angels. If you like Lauren Kate or Cassandra Clare, you will love this book.

AccioPencil This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I thought this was a great review ... on a not so great book. However, I'll keep my opinions to myself and say that, although there were some intriguing parts in Hush, Hush, there were also some parts that made me bury my head in my hands - unfortunately, those parts outnumbered the good. Perhaps the reason why I wasn't so fond of the novel was because it was similar to that of Lauren Kate's. XD Fallen was a book I suffered through - but my friends LOVED it. ;P

Anyway, I'm glad ... (more »)

jomi973 said...
i couldn't put this book down. it was great

Allie R. said...
great review, I read hush, hush a while ago and finished Crescendo back in July. And with all honesty I think your review was really good, it was short, sweet and used descriptive language to compell the reader. THUMBS UP! :D

LiederMadchen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you! I just read Crescendo last month and the cliffhanger is killing me. :P